Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Andrea's paper topic

My paper topic is going to be centered on the issue of media literacy in education in the new digital age. Currently I am pursuing a dual master’s degree in Education and Mass Communications. My concentration in the College of Education is in the area of Curriculum and Instruction. I want to start exploring ways in which digital media has been implemented successfully as a curriculum tool and explore the ways in which educational reform can further realize the need to produce literate professionals and students. I want to research this topic in relation to instructional tools and curriculum being produced for primary education emphasizing in areas of bilingual education, special education, and the education of English language learners. I’m interested in seeing what professional development practices are being implemented in school districts and what trends student populations are exploring that can access learning through new mediums.

1 comment: