Sunday, January 18, 2009

I found an interesting documentary, "The Truth According To Wikipedia," that highlights Wikipedia as an idealistic, participatory open space, a product of the second coming of the web or Web 2.0. Users are becoming more and more engaged and the creation of knowledge is increasingly a communal activity. As one of the top ten most popular sites on the net with hundreds of edits per second, Wikipedia exemplifies the shift away from "I need" and "I want" culture to "I can" culture. I think this piece is very relevant to our discussion about Obama's campaign as a movement in the hands of the people (Yes, we can), especially in terms of the channels of power shifting from top-down to bottom-up and side to side. The video is a bit lengthy, but even the first few minutes are interesting if you get a chance.



No comments:

Post a Comment