Thursday, January 8, 2009

Josh's digital world of information

I've been told by more than a couple people I'm overly connected to the network. Here's a few reasons why...

I have one blog that is based on my passion as a visual journalist called The Visual Journey. There I post photos, videos and other content that I make with various types of cameras and digital recorders.

The other blog that I created is JL's Blog of Blogs. It's basically aggregated content I find through the dozens of RSS feeds, Twitter and my random wandering of the Internet. My posts are just links and my trivial thoughts about them. The types of things I post is very much all over the board but there is a heavy slant towards journalism and documentary work. There's a bit of fun and odd in there as well.

I'm also a Twitter user, so I suppose that counts as a blog if you go by the original description of what Twitter is. I find a loLinkt of interesting information there and have actually noticed in the last two months that I get most of my breaking news info via Twitter, as I can have selected users forwarded to my cell as SMS. (If you like randomness you have to check out Popurls on Twitter. His aggregator is pretty slick too though.)

I'm Flickr user as well. I use it mostly as an extension of my Visual Journey blog. On Flickr you can look at much more data about each photo and –if I've been staying on top of it, unlike the last three weeks– see the geo-tagging of each photo.

So as you can see, I kill lots and lots of time in front of the computer and on my phone or iPod Touch. Enjoy.

UPDATE: Forgot to add my Delicious page where I save all kinds of pages that are useful.

2 comments:

  1. So how do you decide which photos to post on flickr and which to copyright? I noticed on your site your photos are protected.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have recently changed some of the licensing on some of my photos.

    The photos are posted to Flickr first and then I use the embed feature to post them into my blog. So I guess the copyright statement is confusing.

    There are some images that must be copyright protected because of the client that commissioned the work.

    Just even more complication in this ever evolving digital media landscape.

    ReplyDelete